Bios does not support boot from cd

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 25 11:17:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Sander Hartveld wrote:

> Paul Howarth,
>
> Thanks for your reply, I wil try this tonight!
>
> Cheers, Sander

since i just asked about this sort of thing yesterday, i figure i'd
throw in my $0.03 Cdn.  rather than copy the pxeboot-related files
"vmlinuz" and "initrd.img" directly into /boot, where they have a
tendency to get lost amidst all of the rest of the files there
(and might overwrite existing files of the same name), you'd be safer
creating a /boot/pxeboot directory and copying them *there*, then set
your grub.conf file to refer to the files in that subdirectory.

yes, it's probably overkill, but no, you can never be too paranoid.

rday