Multibooting

David Barnsdale db003q3287 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 12:47:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 09:26, Mitsuho Iizuka wrote:
> I don't know RH9 and you may have a risk to show my similar grub.conf,
> but to edit the grub.conf in your FC3 /boot/grub/grub.conf might be
> solution ? (Although I don't know why I don't need exact dir name
> '/boot' in grub.conf.)
>
>     title Redhat9
>     root (hd0, 2) # your 3rd partition ?
>     kernel /vmlinuz-xxxx # redhat9 exact filename (except /boot dir)
>     initrd /initrd-xxxxx # redhat9 exact filename

It might well help to include something like root=LABEL=/
in the kernel line.  The "/" is not the directory name
but the partition label of the partition where the /
directory resides.  It may be "/" "/1" or "/12" etc
so check by mounting the partition and
typing in mount -l

eg

kernel /vmlinuz-xxxx ro root=LABEL=/1