TurboTax Deluxe

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 25 18:13:52 UTC 2004

On Thursday 25 November 2004 11:49, Lotsa Cabo wrote:
> [...]
And this is now off topic.

>For what it's worth, I've used TurboTax products for... well... a
> decade now?  Hmm... well, I've used them since they came into
> existence.  I started using the web-based version several years ago
> and it is a MUCH better idea. No need to worry about if your
> software is the latest.  You don't have to waste time and drive
> space installing something you will only use once. And, for me, the
> less I have installed on my drive, the better.  It also costs less
> AND has the ability to retain all of your tax info online for the
> next year's filings.
>
>Good luck!
>
>R/S
>Ryan =)

Which may, or may not be, a Good Thing(tm).

Maybe I'm being too paranoid in my old age, but I'm of the opinion
that this sort of info should not be stored anyplace but my file
cabinets, and the IRS.  Sure, somebody could break into my place and
steal my records with an eye toward an identity theft.  But the fact
that the turbotax site has thousands of peoples records, making it a
thousand times more attractive taget, and which would be open for the
taking with a decent effort by some cracker scares me excrementless.
It should scare you too.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)