Laptop Recommendations Wanted

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Nov 25 19:25:01 UTC 2004

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of my Toshiba Tecra 8000, but it's
getting a bit old. It's time to look for a new computer.

Here is what I want:

* Price under $1,000

* Linux support. I'll probably put Fedora Core 3 on it.

* Wireless 802.11b or g, built in or as pcmcia card.

* Ethernet, either built in or as pcmcia card.

* Reasonable hard drive size, say at least 30 GB.

* ACPI suspend, either to RAM or hard drive.

* CD rom drive.

* 256 MB RAM minimum, expandable to 1 GB.

* DB9 serial port, PS2 rodent port.

* AMD processor.

* Easy to use in daylight.

* Refurb OK.