FC2 locking up randomly

Tim Ballantine tim at nominis.net
Thu Nov 25 20:32:01 UTC 2004

This has only just started happening. I have had the server (which is
currently being co-lo'ed) running for 6-7 months and it now randomly
freezes completely. Last week I updated to the 2.6.9-1.3 fc2 kernel and
about 4 days after that it started freezing. I thought there must be a
connection, so I then upgraded to 2.6.9-1.6 kernel, still happening. I set
grub to boot from one of the older kernels I had been running for months on
and it's still doing it.

Twice today now. All fans were working and temperatures were the same as
before. Had top open, memory usage stayed roughly the same, no new
processes, cpu stayed at about 35%

I'm waiting for redbus to reboot it then I can run memtest but I think that
will come back ok.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Tim