FC2 locking up randomly

Teo Fonrouge teo at olanmex.com
Thu Nov 25 20:40:01 UTC 2004

Tim Ballantine wrote:
> This has only just started happening. I have had the server (which is
> currently being co-lo'ed) running for 6-7 months and it now randomly
> freezes completely. Last week I updated to the 2.6.9-1.3 fc2 kernel and
> about 4 days after that it started freezing. I thought there must be a
> connection, so I then upgraded to 2.6.9-1.6 kernel, still happening. I
> set grub to boot from one of the older kernels I had been running for
> months on and it's still doing it.
>
> Twice today now. All fans were working and temperatures were the same as
> before. Had top open, memory usage stayed roughly the same, no new
> processes, cpu stayed at about 35%
>
> I'm waiting for redbus to reboot it then I can run memtest but I think
> that will come back ok.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

Hello Tim,

It is pretty sure a hardware malfunction.

I have several FC2 & FC3 x86 based boxes up & running well, and the only
events that make it stop is due to RAM/MB/CPU/Coolers...etc not working
ok. Last kernels, updated automatically with yum.

Maybe you want to check RAM with memtest.

best regards

Teo Fonrouge