apache-devel rpm needed - greenhorn!

tony at mariosmaintenance.com tony at mariosmaintenance.com
Thu Nov 25 21:56:11 UTC 2004

Hi listers,

I am new to the list.  I've lurked for about a week.  In fact a recent
linux user.  I have Samba, Apache, OpenVPN all up and running.  In
trying to install a colaboration suite (OpenGroupware), however, I am
having a little trouble.  The installation of the rpm package says that
it requires apache-devel.  Doing a search I don't seem to find any rpm
or tarball specifically for FC3 or even FC2.  I located what I thought
might work (apache-devel-1.3.31-5.n0i.1.MPSSL.i686) found on
rpm.phone.net.  I did a search on google for apache-devel and thats one
of the hits it came up with.  When trying to install this rpm, it fails
due to a dependency.  Says it needs apache.  Apache is installed and
running!  Can anyone give me some clarification on this.  Perhaps why
the problem, or where I can find an apache-devel rpm to install?  Any
additional information on request.  Thank you.

tonydm