I can't burn CDs anymore (was Re: how to download kde....).

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Nov 25 23:46:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:19:27 -0500, Erik Kjær Pedersen wrote:

> > It's usually a bad idea to upgrade Fedora Core packages with external
> > updates. Better keep FC3's k3b package, so you benefit from patches,
> > integration work and security/bug-fix updates.
>
> kde-redhat's version of kde is far superior to the kde delivered by fedora,

*shrug*  How did kde-redhat became the subject suddenly? I recommend
that Fedora Core users stick to the k3b version that is included and
updated with official Fedora Core Updates. If that one doesn't work,
it should get fixed. Report failure at http://bugzilla.redhat.com --
I stopped counting how many users got their k3b problems fixed by going
back to FC2's/FC3's k3b package.

> I had a similar problem I could not use k3b to burn
> cd's with kernel 2.6.8 it even says so on www.k3b.org. I do not know whether
> that problem has been solved in 2.6.9 I am running kernel 2.6.7 in order to
> have k3b work

FC3 did not ship with a 2.6.8 kernel. It came with 2.6.9 right from
the start. No problems here. Further, Scott mentioned that burning had
worked for a week until it stopped. Mission objective is to find out
which of his upgrades or modifications have broken it.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.681_FC3
loadavg: 2.87 2.25 1.84