I can't burn CDs anymore (was Re: how to download kde....).

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Nov 25 23:52:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:38:01 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Sorry, the burning problem has nothing to do with KDE but the kernel.

No. But there are k3b related burning problems, too, because several
(if not all) third party k3b packages don't include the same patches
as FC's k3b package.

> Please see the list archive for that. There was a change with kernel
> 2.6.8 which made it impossible to burn as non-root user.

FC3 was subject in this part of the thread. FWIW, CD writing works for
me on FC3 and its 2.6.9-something kernel. On FC2, I was affected by
the 2.6.8 problem, too.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.681_FC3
loadavg: 3.14 2.36 2.09