Dell PowerEdge 420SC Dead upon FC3 install !!!

Winston Ojeda ojedawinston at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 01:28:04 UTC 2004

Has anyone every tried FC3 on a Dell PowerEdge 420
server. Installation was flawless. I configured
everything (graphical mode). It got ready to restart
for the last time. Instead of being greeted by the
familiar login screen a BLACK screen was there.
And is to no wonder, the monitor light went yellow on
me.  The keyboard had no lights either but the server
is still running.
If I hard reboot, I see the boot up screen boot loader
start. Displays a screen full and then dead again.

Any ideas before I call Dell? (which might be a moot
point since I bought the server with no OS and the
only thing they seem to support is Red Hat
Enterprise...)

Any ideas anyone will be appreciated.

Winston