Prism54 driver ((Prism Javeli/Xbow)

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Fri Nov 26 12:14:39 UTC 2004

Hi,
Recently I installed FC3 succesfully. But I don't have access to the
internet because of (I think) of the abcense of a driver for the wireless
network card.
The card itself is detected by the hardware browser (Intersel
Corporation ISL3886 [Prism Javelin/Prism Xbow]). But trying to make it
work (Gnome-system conf. wizard-wireless connection-select wireless
device) gets me no further. My card is not mentioned in the screen
"select wireless device" and when I select the only option "other wireless
card" I have to select an ethernet-adapter. Mine is not on the list.
I tried to find a driver on the linuxant website, but among the prism
drivers, the Javelin/Xbow type is not there.
The prism54.org website indicates that support for Xbow/Javelin "is yet
to come".
How can I solve this problem? Is there another driver available? Anyone
dealt with this before?
Thanks in advance, Peter Lesterhuis.