kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2 boot failure where kernel-2.6.9-1.3_FC2 works

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 26 12:07:57 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 09:56, Serge de Souza wrote:
> >>I plug in USB camera. Shos up at /dev/sda.
> >>I add USB drive. Shows up at /dev/sdb.
> >>
> >>Tomorrow
> >>I plug in USB drive. Shows up at /dev/sda
> >>I plug in USB camera. Shows up at /dev/sdb.
> >>
> >>What if I have _two_ USB drives (I do - one for carrying stuff, one for
> >>backups)?.
> >
> > afaik Udev has persistent naming. are you sure that doesnt solve your
> > problem?
>
> He is using FC2, and that does not use udev

Thanks but I'll speak for me:-)

My demo was on Nahant (RHEL 3.94). Desktop

I also run FC3, Hahant 3.95 AS, Debian/Sarge, Debian/Woody, Ubuntu Warty and
RHL 7.3, and I've just retired FC 2.90 that was masquerading as an access
point.
Oh, Mandrake 10 CE too.

I do seem to have udev on my demo box. Haven't noticed any info in setting it
up so it's as installed.

--
Cheers
John