[FC3] Resetting Nautilus windows

P Jones mail4xxxx at imap.cc
Fri Nov 26 17:52:14 UTC 2004

Hi All;

A general GNOME question here; is there a way to set all the Nautilus
file browser window back to their freshly installed GNOME positions?

When clicking on the "user's Home" icon on the desktop, the window lands
in the middle of the desktop. Then, when clicking on a folder in that
window, the next window appears on top of the previous window, just to
the right and slightly lower, and so on and so on for subsequent
windows. But, if one takes one of those windows and moves it to another
location, it will always appear in the new location. I would like to
reset something to make them all land where they did before I messed
around with them.

And yes, I have tried the "Reset View to Defaults" option under the View
menu, and it doesn't do what I'm looking to do.

Thanks,

-P