[FC3] Sound drivers on a Compaq Deskpro?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Nov 26 19:45:01 UTC 2004

    I'm having a hard time finding information on the particular kind of
Deskpro system I got from a salvage yard. Everyone knows the type- short
little thing, only 3" tall, built-in (laptop style) CDROM and floppy
with the ingenious speaker on the right side so you don't really need a
seperate set of speakers.  It's a P3/500, and has room for only one
disk.

    Sure, it's from 1999, but has anyone had any luck with it?  It's not
a show-stopper, I'd just like to be able to have it get my attention
when various things about it change...like disk space, hacking attempts,
etc.

    Thanks!

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller