FC3 Freezes Every Day

Matt Nuzum matt.followers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:48:42 UTC 2004

I am using the default nv driver.  I too am using a Sony Vaio.  Also,
this happens while I'm working and I'm not doing anything special.

Realy, my question is how can I diagnose what happened to cause the
crash.  I hear a moment (3 seconds or so) of intense disk activity
right before the freeze so I think something is being logged (similar
to XP Dumplog).

Is there some tool I can use to explore what happened before the
freeze? I've looked at dmesg but it seems to start over with the
reboot.

Can I put something in the grub boot command that will enable some
kind of logging in case of a crash?

I've already had my crash for today so I suspect it'll be tomorrow
before I crash again.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt at followers.net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"