Connecting into fc3

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 26 22:12:35 UTC 2004

I've got two machines here, one running RH9 and the other running FC3.

I can use ssh or WebMin to connect to the RH9 machine from the FC3 machine. I
use firestarter to open the required port. And I have CUPS configured to
print from the FC3 machine to the printer on the RH9 machine.

But I cannot get a connection the other way around. Even when I try switching
the firewall off. And I know that WebMin is running on FC3 because I can log
in using localhost. The only communication I have achieved from the RH9 to
the FC3 machine is ping. It just seems to be completely ignore everything
else.

Can anybody suggest to me what I might be missing?

Thanks

Dave Fletcher