Problems For Someone Been Away Too Long

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Nov 27 01:55:22 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 27.11.2004 schrieb linux at port76 um 2:41:

> > The package install succeeded in second or third try? Your information
> > is a bit too less precise to give a final answer.
> It asks once to press enter and then continues. Just doesn't make much
> sense to me why the error occurs in the first place

Scratches on the CD or read problems by the CD-ROM possible. If it
passes the second run, then all is ok.

> > But I would suggest to use the online tools yum or up2date. For yum
> > there is a GUI frontend available called yumi. There is too apt-rpm with
> > the GUI frontend called synaptic.
> >
> Ok so I guess I've not got these installed.

Neither yumi, nor apt-rpm and synaptic are part of Fedora Core.

> > > 3)I have decided to use KDE instead of GNOME... How can KDE be made the
> > > default for a session so I don't have to change at each login?
> >
> > switchdesktop KDE

> I guess this is meant to be entered in to a terminal. Unfortunately the
> command is not accepted.

Sorry, I mistyped. It is to be entered on command line as:

switchdesk KDE

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:54:49 up 6 days, 21:42, load average: 0.53, 0.59, 0.52