Problems For Someone Been Away Too Long

linux@port76 linux at port76.com
Sat Nov 27 02:06:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 02:55 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 27.11.2004 schrieb linux at port76 um 2:41:
> Scratches on the CD or read problems by the CD-ROM possible. If it
> passes the second run, then all is ok.
Used brand new CD-RW discs but there you
> > > But I would suggest to use the online tools yum or up2date. For yum
> > > there is a GUI frontend available called yumi. There is too apt-rpm with
> > > the GUI frontend called synaptic.
> > >
> > Ok so I guess I've not got these installed.
>
> Neither yumi, nor apt-rpm and synaptic are part of Fedora Core.

So if I've got local RPMs I want to install the only way is to use RPM
in a term? I don't quite undersand why Red Hat could not include a
simple RPM GUI as a part of up2date or package management.... May be I
am missing something?

> > > switchdesktop KDE
>
> > I guess this is meant to be entered in to a terminal. Unfortunately the
> > command is not accepted.
>
> Sorry, I mistyped. It is to be entered on command line as:
>
> switchdesk KDE

It's ok I worked it out isn't the tab button great??? :=)
> Alexander
Thanks!