Fwd: 2 issues

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Nov 27 03:29:09 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 27.11.2004 schrieb Nathan Low um 3:18:

> > I have an error message each time I boot up.  After
> > click log on, I have no problem connecting to the
> > internet.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this
> > problem
> > or delete this message.
> >
> > The message says this:
> >
> > Could not look up internet address for
> > x1-6-00-40-05-0f-40-41.
> > This will prevent GNOME from operating correctly.
> > It may be possible to correct the problem by adding
> > x1-6-00-40-05-0f-40-41 to the file /etc/hosts.

Give your host a name different than the current localhost
(localhost.localdomain). Can be done by running system-config-network.

> > My scanner got detected.  Its a hp 2100c.  Do I
> > install the software that's windows compatible?

xsane is the program for scanning and comes with the Core packages: yum
install xsane

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 04:28:12 up 6 days, 23:15, load average: 1.15, 1.20, 1.23