Successful M$ products on Fedora

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Sat Nov 27 04:35:09 UTC 2004

alan wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Mike Ramirez wrote:
>

>>http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/
>>
>>Crossover Office will install these apps, Can't really answer for iTunes
>>as I never used it before.  Below is a list of comparable apps to the
>>ones listed that I use on FC2. Each is directly (or almost directly)
>>comparable to the M$ versions and run natively.  I personally try to
>>avoid emulation and use what is available natively.
>>

>They just added iTunes and Framemaker support.

Being a previous user of M$ Money 2003 myself, I did the checking when
moving to Linux. The MS Money 2002 is listed as "known not to work" in
the compatibility database od Crossover Office. All other versions
listed (97,2004) are cited as "untested"; so, unless someone can talk
from own experiences, at least the MS Money is not proved to run there.

However, I have tried myself and know for sure that it will run
perfectly under Win4Lin. I just don't know if Win4Lin will work under
Fedora Core 3.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University