Apache and PHP

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Sat Nov 27 05:26:25 UTC 2004

> Well, everuthing is the default of installation. I think it should
> work and there is something wrong with Apache configurstion, don't you
> think ? Because PHP interpretet from command line works fine while I
> try to connect to mysql database, but it doesn't work through Apache
> web server.

Nope I don't remember any special configs for Apache for mysql.  You
could look up the archives here, there are some instructions on
recompiling php with the mysql. But since it works through the cli, I'm
going to have to say your ACL for http_php_t to mysql_t isn't right.
There has been a recent thread in the fedora-selinux-list about this
also.  This is why I think its SELinux.

Run this to turn off selinux temporarily.

setenforce no

Please See this archive of the fedora-selinux-lists about php and mysql.

http://www.archivum.info/fedora-selinux-list@redhat.com/2004-11/msg00013.html