Where is gd.so for PHP?

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mi-consultants.com
Sat Nov 27 15:16:57 UTC 2004

Just so it's it the archives....  do I feel silly... Now that I figured
out the name of the shared object is gd.so and not libgd.so my Google
searches were more relevant. I saw a message for debian that talked
about a package call php4-gd...  Well for Fedora it's php-gd. Simply yum
install php-gd and you now have support for gd in PHP.

Earlier when I did a rpmfind search for gd...  it did not show up....  :-(