lmsensors & hddtemp stopped working under FC3

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 27 16:11:21 UTC 2004

I did a fresh install of FC3 last night, and after finally figuring out
how to get yum working again, I tried to set up my gkrellm monitors. I
installed the hddtemp monitor, but when I run the hddtemp /dev/hda
command, it says the drive is not in the db (which it is, I checked...),
but it still reports a temp of 27 C and hdb reports 26 C. gkrellm
detects the sensors, but keeps reporting 0 C for both drives

These lines are in my /usr/share/hddtemp/hddtemp.bd. hda is a retail and
hdb is an OEM drive, so they have different serial #'s.
"WDC WD800JB-00FMA0"                194 C "Western Digital Caviar 80GB
Special Edition 8MB"
"WDC WD800JB-00ETA0"                 194 C "Western Digital Caviar 80GB
Special Edition 8MB"

I ran sensors detect as root and let it create the config files. I added
the modprobe lines for i2c-isa and i2c-viapro in /etc/rc.local just like
I did in FC2, but when I run /usr/bin/sensors -s or type the sensors
command, it says no sensors found...

How do I get this working under FC3?