LCD Monitors and Fedora

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mi-consultants.com
Sat Nov 27 20:06:52 UTC 2004

nv didn't do it at all for me...   I downloaded the kernel source and
with the Driver tool on their site (
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-6629.html ) it
compiled the nvidia driver for me.

The hassle is everytime you upgrade kernels, you need to redo this
process. I've been doing it for since RedHat 7.3 and way too many
kernels!  :-)

Every so often (like this time) you need to update their tool. I was
getting the error it could not find the kernel source. And then I
updated the tool and it compiled no problem. Well one warnnig abouf not
being compatible with another driver in the kernel  vesatab or something
like that. I looked and I did not see it loaded so I ignored that warning.

Mike