howto

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Nov 27 23:33:40 UTC 2004

On 11/27/2004 02:57:58 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Well, except Custom doesn't really give you quite that flexibility. I
> find
> it's better [1] to do a simple quick install and then use something
> like
> Synaptic to go through what's there and what's available afterwards.

Yeah - I don't recall custom giving you the ability to _not_ install
sendmail for example - so you have to select postfix, run system-
switch-mail, and then rpm -e sendmail

Custom does allow to remove OO.o/evolution and choose AbiWord/Gnumeric/
balsa - but it doesn't allow deselection of sendmail, not that I could
find.