mp3 tags editing tool?

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Sun Nov 28 17:43:38 UTC 2004

Hi Adam

Adam Antoniak <antonim at panda.bg.univ.gda.pl> writes:

> Hi everybody. Can someone recommend some mp3 tags editing tool with gui?
> I only googled tagtool but it requires some additional libraries I
> don't have installed.

i've just switched over to fedora a day or two ago, so i'm not sure
which of the following exists here.

* easytag - the GTK 1.2 version is stable, GTK 2.0 version was
  crashing quite often when I tried it. But my environment wasn't
  exceptionally stable then ;-)

* mBox - wxPython based, can do some things easytag does + format
  conversion. http://www.mbox.wz.cz/

* Juk - never tried it but mBox author Marek Hnilica has recommended
  it to me http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/juk.html it's for Qt/KDE
  based.

also some players can be used ... anything that attempts to look like
iTunes should i guess ;-) E.g.:

* rhythmbox allows one to edit id3 tags and attemts to help you keep
  your collection organized.