Acrobat reader 5.0 for Linux

Chris Stark chris at chrisstark.com
Sun Nov 28 21:09:29 UTC 2004

Nathan Low wrote:
> I have Fedora Core 3.  The system requirements for
> this acrobat reader isLinux 2.2 kernel on X86
> computer.  Can anyone tell me how I can download this?
>  When I clicked the download link on the adobe
> website, the download manager came up and the ok
> button was gray and I couldn't click it.
>
> Please respond.  Thanks.

Hi Nathan,

Try visiting:

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

Follow the directions for setting up his repository in yum, then simply
type (as root or w/ sudo)...

yum install acroread

The first time you run yum, you'll have a bit of waiting to do, as each
repository in the /etc/yum.repos.d folder has to download header files
for each available package. On a fast connection it could take 15
minutes, but I've seen it take over an hour from a cable-modem connection.

After this first header download, using yum is really very easy and
convenient, so you may want to google around for some more info on how
to best use yum. You can use it to install almost any piece of available
software, but more importantly, you can use it to keep your system up to
date.

Aloha,
Chris