openoffice takes up to 7 mins to load

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 22:31:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 12:17, Timothy Payne wrote:

> That seems to be a very long time, it doesn't take that long I've got
> FC2 running on a 300/ 130mb of ram and it's slow ( I click on it then
> get the stuff ready I need )  but once up and running it's fine, except
> for the spell checker.  I don't know but would rpm -Uvh ... update it?
> It sounds like it's looking for something it can't find.  You should ask
> the list.  Because I just tried it on my FC3 2000 / 512mb ram and it was
> just a few seconds to load the word.

I've noted that the spell also takes a very long time to load and run.
The load times for the application are reasonable.  It takes about 20
seconds for openoffice to load on my Dell Latitude CPx with 256MB memory
and I think a 500Mhz processor.  But the spell checker runs so slowly
that I pretty much wait to run it or try to spell the work correctly
myself.  And I use this a lot on this system.

Does anyone know if there has been a bug filed on the slow spell checker
response?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

The more data I punch in this card, the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost.
		-- S. Kelly-Bootle, "The Devil's DP Dictionary"