FC2 gnome midi player

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sun Nov 28 23:15:37 UTC 2004

Craig White wrote:
> suggestions for FC-2 midi player for gnome?

Timidity

> Nothing in the menu suggests that it can play midi files - how about
> with plug-in for Mozilla?

I used to use the UNIX Midi Plugin with Netscape 4.6.  I haven't tried
it in a while (3 browsers ago).  My mozilla seems to be configured to
try and use the Crossover QuickTime plugin:

npqtplugin2.dll  for audio/mid, audio/x-midi, and audio/midi

but it didn't work when I tried it.  I got a "lot" of garbage written to
the console and the printer even spit out a few "blank" pages.  B^)

My firefox doesn't seem to have a working plugin for Midi.  I tried
installing ump.so version 1.1.0 , but it isn't recognized (according to
about:plugins) after restarting the browser.

So, I'm guessing its been a few years since I had a working MIDI plugin
for my browsers.   B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com