gnome v KDE

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Nov 28 23:59:59 UTC 2004

On 11/28/2004 03:02:48 PM, Terry R. Grier wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> gnome vs. KDE ...
>
> Is there a good resource to read to learn the adv. or disadv on
> these?

Back in the RH 6/7/8 days - I found that KDE was more resource hungry
than Gnome - as in didn't do as well in lower memory machines.

I don't think that is true anymore.

It really boils down to a matter of personal choice. Some like KDE
better than GNOME, some like GNOME better.

I prefer GNOME, but I won't diss KDE - Knoppix has shown me that KDE is
quite capable (Knoppix is the only environment where I have tested a
modern KDE), it's just that I prefer GNOME.