'yum update' stopped working

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Mon Nov 29 00:23:39 UTC 2004

I tried using yum to install some ati drivers, then backed out with an 'rpm
-e ...' command (because X wouldn't start afterwards), and now I'm trying to
use:

yum update

to update the remaining installed packges on my system but it keeps reporting
the same thing:

[root at localhost trevor]# yum update
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.Package newpg needs libksba.so.0, this is not available.

Is this due to me 'manually' removing the ati rpm (and the
kernel-module-fglrx... rpm that went with it)? Or is it a transient problem
with some yum repositories? Or is it something else?

yum install ..., yum update, etc. have always "just worked" for me before.

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com