Acrobat Reader plugin on FC3

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Nov 29 02:34:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, WipeOut wrote:

> fredex wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 10:52:20AM +0000, WipeOut wrote:
> >
> > > How can I get Acrobat reader working in Firefox?
> > >
> > > I have installed Acroread 5.0.9-2.1 (which I think came from Dag's repo)
> > > but I can't find the plugin for Firefox..
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help..
> > >

> > wherever the acrobat directory tree is installed (on my box it is in
> > /usr/local/Acrobat5) there is a subdirectory "Browsers/intellinux"
> > and inside that dir is nppdf.so. Copy that file to the plugins directory
> > under your firefox installation, restart firefox, and voila!
>
> My Acrobat Reader install doesn't seem to have the nppdf.so file.. :(
>
> Is there another repo or RPM of Acrobat Reader somewhere?

All plugins I provide come in mozilla-* packages. You have to install
mozilla-acroread. If you wonder what browser plugins there are, simply do:

	apt-cache search 'mozilla-*'
or
	yum list 'mozilla-*'

That's why it's generally better to have a naming policy for plugins, then
calling everything that acts as a plugin for whatever *-plugin. The same
mess currently exists for applets, btw.

If you want to know what xmms plugins there are, do the same for 'xmms-*'.
Or 'gstreamer-*', 'fortune-*', 'gdesklets-*', 'perl-*',
'php-*', 'python-*'...