Fedora Core 3 assort error review request

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Nov 29 02:45:28 UTC 2004

On 29 Nov 2004 at 8:10, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:15:31 -0400, Jorge Fábregas <fabregasj at prtc.net> wrote:
> > On Sunday 28 November 2004 2:02 pm, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> > > But is it the reason caused the "sector not found" problem when backup
> > > by using Norton Ghost 8 ?
> >
> > Hmm I don'tk now. I'm talking about the famous "Assertion error" when
> > installing Fedora (just after the keyboard selection section).
>
> Yes, I think we are talking in same thing but I wonder FC3 is failed
> to backyp by the Ghost even the simple the partition(all things in
> same harddisk).
>

> Ringo

I don't think it is liked to the error as mentioned in bugzilla 138419
about the cylindar alignment. I had that problem, and the sfdisk
solution solved it. I then tried to do a ghost image of the machine,
and ghost 2003 failed. I believe it doesn't understand the LVM
partition. I have made an image using G4U, and it worked to create
it. I am in the process of restoring the image to another drive to see
it works the other way. It created an 11.8GB file from the 80GB drive
with 98, XP, and FC3, which is about the same size as the image
with FC2. Took about 2:20 to make. Ghost makes about the same
size image with FC2, but is multiple files and a faster. It was just
starting the restore when I left, so I'll know how it when when I go to
work today.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes