FC2 to FC3 upgrade exits abnormally

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Nov 29 08:38:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 10:28 -0800, Rick Lim wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade a working FC2 to FC3, having got past the first error
> where the harddisk geometry was read wrong by using the parted update, I get
> to the point where it starts to begin the install and then I get
>
> warning: package kernel = 2.6.9-1.667 was already added. Replacing with
> kernel = 2.6.9-1.667
>
> install exited abnormally.

How many kernels do you have installed? I had this problem when I tried
upgrading a machine that had one of the FC3 test release kernels
installed. Try removing as many kernels as possible from FC2 (preferably
leaving just one, < 2.6.9) and try it again. This worked for me.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>