bash job identifier not working

Douglas Ohlhorst douglas.ohlhorst at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 29 14:58:39 UTC 2004

Hello All,
I have noticed on Fedora Core 3 that while in a bash shell after
suspending a job, I am unable to resume the last job that was suspended
using the job identifier '%'. I receive the message:

[user at host ~]$ %
bash: fg: %: no such job

This use to work on Fedora Core 2, and currently works on RHEL3. I have
also noticed that this works under different shells, such as tcsh. I was
curious if anybody knows if this is a bug or if this functionally has
been removed from bash. The version of bash that I am running is:
bash-3.0-18. Thank you for any information on this.

Douglas Ohlhorst             douglas.ohlhorst at noaa.gov
Systems Administrator        Phone: (303) 497-6581
NOAA/OAR/FSL/DD              Fax:   (303) 497-6014