Mail server upgrade

Paul Michael Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Mon Nov 29 18:17:34 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 29.11.2004 schrieb Paul Michael Reilly um 6:33:
>>I use TDMA for spam control now but would love to hear opinions on why I
>>should either keep TDMA or switch to spamassasin from those who have
>>faced that decision.
>

> You run a web shop and use a Challenge/Response system for mailing? This
> is practical?

No to both: I do not run a web shop and a challenge/response system is
not practical.  It did a great job at pruning incoming spam but put off
a number of people, mail lists and organizations.  So I am looking for a
better solution.

> I have very good experience by running Sendmail along with ClamAV-milter
> (anti-virus protection) and SpamAssassin (spam classification, bound to
> Sendmail using MimeDefang). milter-spamc is too a very good tool to
> integrate SA into SM mail stream.

I may try this approach.  If you have a reference that would be useful.
  If not, I'll google ClamAV-milter and milter-spamc.  I've not heard of
these before.  Thanks for your input.  What is SA and SM?

-pmr