num lock key

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Nov 29 19:49:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 20:13 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> On Monday 29 November 2004 17:30, Scott wrote:
> > eff Vian wrote:

> > >  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >
> > >To me this is offensive to be put at the end of every one of your
> > >messages. (4 different messages today with the same tag)
> > >
> > >We will/won't respond as we see fit, and do you see anyone else posting
> > >messages with this type of tag?
> > >
> > >Jeff
> > >

> > I couldn't have said it better myself.  I'm getting close to setting mp
> > my very first kill filter for this list...
>
> I've assumed it's a cultural thing. I've no idea of Nathan's background, but I
> used to know a (HK) Chinese kid called "Sam Low."
>
> Yeah, it does grate here to but I'm prepared to assume Nathan's doing the
> right thing my his people.
>

> --
> Cheers
> John

I have been a _lot_ lenient, and have not kill-filed him.  I even
responded to several of his requests.  He seems to be a total nOOb and
really wants assistance.

My comment above was simply a plea for him to be a little less abrasive
and demanding with his first posts. I have also asked him to make an
attempt to help himself by googleing and other research before he uses
the last resort -- asking the people on this list.

In my (our?) culture, asking a question is just that.  A "please
respond" tag (to me) implies the earlier message(s) have been ignored
for some time and it has now become a plea to not be ignored.