Fedora Extras is extra

William M. Quarles quarlewm at jmu.edu
Mon Nov 29 20:11:38 UTC 2004

Erik Kjær Pedersen wrote:

> Mandag 29 november 2004 03:05 skrev Dag Wieers:
>
>>For me there's no reason to be incompatible. In fact, by being
>>incompatible my users are indirectly harmed as they are inable t use
>>fedora.us or livna.org. (Mind you, if you stay away from these
>>incompatible packages, you won't notice this).
>
> This really makes me happy. I am using kde-redhat, dag and freshrpms, and it
> seems to work wondefully, there was a tiny issue with redhat-menus recently
> but that was solved very quickly. The only problem is that you have to repeat
> this on this list every so often so that people will know what kind of mixing
> to avoid

I use both Planet CCRMA and FreshRPMs for a year and a half.  I've only
had one legitimate conflict (it was last week), and I told Fernando at
Planet and he's on it; but I don't think it actually ever prevented me
from installing or running any other software, it just kept me from
updating that particular package.  He has also been working to
coordinate with Matthias at FreshRPMs.

----
Peace,
William