Okay I broke something else.

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 29 22:03:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 04:29:45PM -0500, Mathew S. Nowend wrote:

> Last night I downloaded kernel 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 I rebooted and when grub
> came up I was given the option to boot from the new kernel or the old
> kernel.  I chose the new kernel and it hung after detecting network.
> Well I had this same problem with my original install of FC3 and had to
> disable ETH0 while installing so it did not probe for it.

Have you attempting a boot to run level 1.

IIR run level 1 does not turn on networking.

Since this is "the same problem" be sure to bugzilla
the situation.  You are welcome to share a draft of
your potential bug report for review here.  A well formed
bug gets fixed quickly.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.