Fedora Core 3 Install Issues

Usman S. Ansari uansari at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 22:18:33 UTC 2004

With great excitement, I install FC 3 on my PC (good thing I did not
upgrade or delete FC 2 installation).

I have three issues:

1) There is no sound when I test the audio. FC 3 has correctly
detected the modules

C-Media-Electronic
CM8738
Snd-cmipci

This is same as in FC 2

If I boot in FC sound with same modules work fine.

2) Ethernet is also identified correctly, but dhcp fails

RTL-8139 | 8139C | 8139C+

This is same as FC 2. I even copied FC 2
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0, but dhcp still fails

3) Last (problem discovered so far) but not the least, the mouse does
not work. I have PS/2 Microsoft trackball, which worked very nicely in
RH8 and FC2. It is no longer working.

I copied xorg.conf from FC 2 to FC 3. Still mouse does not work.
(Actually, during install I chose 1600 X 1200 resolution, but when
booted, it was 1024 X 640 or something like this, coping xorg.conf
file fixed resolution problem, but not mouse problem)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Usman