functions keys in gnome terminal

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Tue Nov 30 00:26:16 UTC 2004

Hello list,

Since no one answered the following question:

> The function key (F1 through F12) signals are being grabbed by gnome
> terminal and never reach cli programs that I am running in gnome terminal.
> In essence, I cannot cli tools that use function keys to navigate
> the menu.

I banged around until figured it out. Here is the answer in case anyone
else has this question:

gconf-editor -> apps-> nautilus -> gnometerminal ->
keybindings

and edit the functions keys to suite yourself.

FWIW, this topic is not easily found in the documentation for gnome and
is nonexistant in redhat docs (As far as I could tell...).

Best regards

Marvin Dickens