Laptop Battery Usage

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 30 16:46:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:46, Raffi Khatchadourian wrote:

> Yes, but the power management system under windows decides when to
> turn off your laptop. I would suppose that a laptop running linux
> without power management software would run until all power is
> depleted.

Of course that is true.  I know FC2 can be configured to alert the user
when the battery hits a certain level.  I believe I have mine set at
12%, it pops up a window alerting me that the battery is low.  And with
the right acpi or apm options I believe it can be setup to execute a
shutdown when the battery hits a threshold. Same thing as using a UPS
with the software to logically shutdown your systems when the battery is
low.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

How come financial advisors never seem to be as wealthy as they
claim they'll make you?