OT: fighting rbl's

Bob Marcan bob at interstudio.homeunix.net
Tue Nov 30 17:34:53 UTC 2004

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> HaJo Schatz wrote:
>
>> Assuming that his original post comes from the same IP he's talking
>> about, this seems like an either wrong information or unlucky/stupid
>> case. Seems that all IPs around him are dial-up IPs of his ISP,
>> chello.at.
>

> How do you know they are dial-up IPs?  Maybe they are static IPs with
> generic reverse DNS?  Also, if he is on cable, cable uses DHCP to
> assign addresses to the clients.  Maybe his ISP fixed only his address
> to be static (or excluded it on DHCP server), and the rest are dynamic?
>
> Or maybe he sent hi original email from somewhere else.  Say he has
> problem with his company, and he sent email about it from his home?
>
> Too many people generating too many assumptions from too sparse info.

Exactly my case.
You can get static IP on ADSL at no charge from our ISP (SIOL).
But the address is still from the same pool.

Regards, Bob

 Bob Marcan, Consultant                mailto:bob.marcan at hermes-plus.si
 S&T Hermes Plus d.d.                  tel:           +386 (1) 5895-300
 Slandrova ul. 2                       fax:           +386 (1) 5895-202
 1231 Ljubljana - Crnuce, Slovenia     url:   http://www.hermes-plus.si