FC3: Gnome, Applications Menu, panel properties not modifiable

Michael Tan michael.tan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 19:58:36 UTC 2004

I have never used Gnome before until now with Fedora 3 as I'm making
an effort to see if I can live without the world of  Windows XP (and
so far it's going well), but adding icons to the application menu has
been a big PIA.  I was able to copy existing desktop files to a
different name then adjust it to represent the shortcut I wanted to
create but there has to be an easier way.....

Mike