Upgrade fc2 ==>fc - almost ok

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 20:31:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:01:56 +0100, Truls Gulbrandsen
<trulsg at broadpark.no> wrote:
> Hi,
> I upgraded recently from fc2 to fc3 and most things went ok but I
> experienced the following trouble:
>
> 1) Firefox and plugins did not work well, especially the media plugins.
>   The solution was to remove and reinstall all plugins.

firefox was a preview release with frequent breakage in the plugin and
extension api. now that a 1.0 release has been made you can expect
this to be more robust.

> 2) Thunderbird goes down from time to time without warning.  I have a
> special mail that I can only open when using "forward".  The mail
> contains files with .doc, .lwp and .rtf extensions. Tryind to open this
> particular mail causes Thunderbird to close down immediately.

thunderbird is still in preview stage.. check in bugzilla.mozilla.org
for known bugs regarding this

> 3) I am not anylonger allowed to log in as root, the message is "root
> login not allowed".  My root id and pw works fine with terminal and consoll.
>
> Any suggestions to solve the problems?

Dont login is root in the GUI . every gui program  will ask for a root
password if it requires the privelage. for command line stuff setup
sudo and use that instead

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram