experiences with an upgrade

Mike Zingale zingale at ucolick.org
Tue Nov 30 20:49:33 UTC 2004

> > 3. evolution was not installed.  Clicking on the mail icon on the Gnome
> >    panel just brought up an error and then the default applications
> >    dialog
> What does the error say?  What does "rpm -q evolution" output?

I already installed the new version of evolution, so I cannot reproduce
the error, but it was basically saying evolution is not installed, pick
another mail reader.

rpm -q evolution gave nothing right after the upgrade.

Now things work, I was only remarking, since the gnome panel by default
looks for evolution but the upgrade path does not ensure that it is
installed.  This is a very minor detail.

Mike