xcdroast and 2.6.x kernel in user mode

Davor Herga davor.herga at guest.arnes.si
Tue Nov 30 23:02:28 UTC 2004

I am answering to myself and to all of you, who might be interesting in
> the "burning cd's as normal user" from kernel 2.6.8 and on.
>
> IT SIMPLY DOENS'T WORK. And it is a security issue in kernel.

>> As for now, with the kernel 2.6.8 and up, you can burn CD's with K3B or
>> XCDRoast only as root.
>

>> Davor.

You want to be funny, don't you? Just that nobody laughs. You are
telling no news and even about an obsolete issue. See my reply to your
mail. Maybe you ignore replies.

Alexander

Sorry, missed your earlier reply.

The problem is, that I have xcdroast-0.98alpha15 compiled and installed and cdrtools-2.01 also compiled and installed.
As hard as I try (Non-root mode is activated) I can't burn CD's in user mode, but it works perfectly well when loged in as root.
I have FC3 with 2.6.9-1.667 kernel and it simply doesn't work.

All I can think off, though I doubt it would help, is to install xcdroast and cdda2wav from the Fedora Core 3 RPMS.

Is this link - http://k3b.plainblack.com/index.pl/news2 - also obsolete?

P.S.

I do have a better sence for humour, really ...