Fedora Extras is extra

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Tue Nov 30 23:16:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 12:43, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:00:27 -0800, Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 11:10, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > >  In
> > > fact, i believe such testing is a waste of limited resources that
> > > could be used for other purposes.
> >

> > Hi Jeff
> >
> > I think you answered my why question and can agree with you an almost
> > everything said.  This here I think is wrong.  This testing is necessary
> > or we will always have this same problem. I think a compromise must be
> > made in this area to have cross compatibility between all repos for a
> > better user experience.
> All repos? ALL REPOS? thats a very very big number.

I understand that but it brings you the resources you need.  You say the
resources are limited, you need them from somewhere?  All I read was an
excuse as not to do it.  We don't need excuses anymore but an answer. Is
yours the best I don't know.  Hopefully with enough replies we will find
out.

I might be thought of an idiot for this past post. But the goal is to
find the best answer possible.  I definitely don't have a full one but
an Idea and if you can't do it with your available resources you need
them from somewhere, I'm just trying to help you find them with whats
available.  Egos need to be checked and an answer found IMO. We should
be open to all solutions and not think ours is the best.  Two build
machines for how many thousands of extra packages?  Is that really a
doable situation?  Its Ideal yeah but is more than that?  I don't know.
The number of packages that would need to be done just doesn't seem like
its really possible.  I'm just trying to provide a solution that will
help everyone. It may not be the right one but hopefully it pushes one
that works and satisfies everyone involved.

--
Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com>