Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 04:08:54 UTC 2004

James:

Frankly I'm stumbling in the dark here, trying to figure out why, every
time I connect this card reader with a card inserted to a box running
Fedora Core 1, the whole system hangs. I thought that maybe the
processor had something to do with it--but it also crashes my old
Gateway Solo 2500SE with the Pentium 233-MHz processor, so the AMD
Athlon/Duron issue can't be it.

The symptoms are these: The box probes every drive connected to it,
including the floppy and the CD-ROM and any other physical devices.
Then, suddenly, it starts flashing the CAPS LOCK and NUM LOCK lights,
the mouse won't respond, and in general I need to execute an
uncontrolled, unclean shutdown.

Temlakos