can't print with firefox 0.9

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:29:42 UTC 2004

>Strange is that i can
> print with all other apps, including mozilla. Also, the print command is
> exactly the same:

You need to set up a printer with cups even though you might not have
one. That is necessary (at least that's how I did it in my old RH9
setup).  Basically you will set up this printer to print into a file
always but it will be recognized by applications as a valid printer.

If you actually *have* a printer though then you can set it up.

Now I remember I directly used 'lpadmin' to set up my printer if you do:

man lpadmin

you get all the necessary information to do that. But I think it would
be easier if you fire up 'cups' from the RedHat Start button and let
it do the dirty job for you.